Give Your Team the Total Team Challenge
The Total Team Challenge™ (TTC) is the next generation in challenge course design. It addresses a variety of learning styles while focusing on the big picture approach to success. Its unique design combines the individual thrill of a high ropes course with the group skills development of a low ropes course.
The TTC is designed in a way that will allow all participants to be active at the same time. Their level of activity will vary depending upon their goals as a team and their physical/mental condition. Participants can choose to climb on the element and/or be part of the ground crew and planning crew. All of these positions are an integral part of the event.
The EDGE provides a variety of programs at the TTC, with two broad categories:
- The full TTC, which divides the team into 2-4 groups and engages them in searching for gear and participating in the setup and operation of the element. This version of the TTC involves a curriculum that participants study before planning their approach. It is very participant-directed, with facilitators on hand to ensure safety protocols are met.
- The TTC initiative, which combines the benefits of the ground-based team development course with the TTC as a high element and a more directive approach from EDGE facilitators.
We recommend the Total Team Challenge for high school students, college students, and adult professionals. The TTC operates best with teams of 8 to 36 participants at one time.
The Total Team Challenge provides
- The total group participation with success completely dependent on the problem solving ability of the entire group
- Remarkably unique and aesthetic
- Designed using a variety of technologies to create a stimulating and engaging problem solving challenge
- Ideally suited for adult experiential learning programs
- Formatted for groups of 18 to 36 persons to participate simultaneously on a single structure
- A superb structure to complement low challenge course elements
- Capable of delivering a coordinated program for groups of 90 or more
- Group bonding in an exciting atmosphere
- Overall team inspiration
- Improvement of formal and informal communication
- Deeper understanding of individual actions and motivations
- Trust, support, and group interdependence
- Decision making skills
- Conflict management
- Understanding of individual and group change
- Examining current organizational structure skills
- Strengthening organizational culture skills
- Situational leadership, finding individual roles in group, and recognizing diverse roles
- Practicing feedback and evaluation techniques
- Insight and empathy toward others
- Identifying and effectively using resources
- Time management