At The EDGE, we specialize in two things: team building and experiential learning. Those are so core to us that they are part of our official organizational name. These specializations promote self-discovery, creative problem solving, and skill building in group processes. We recognize that these three components are essential to the goals of our schools. As such, The EDGE has developed several new program offerings for educational professionals. They address many of the initiatives academic institutions are practicing in experiential modalities. Read on to learn more! Reach out to us to book a program and see the results for yourself!
Many programs choose to add an aerial element to their day. This can heighten the excitement and perceived personal risk of the participants, and frequently is mentioned as the highlight of a participant’s day. Talk with our staff to determine which aerial element may best meet your desired program outcomes.
Our EDGE on Wheels Programming offers clients that may have time constraints and /or a limited travel budget an option for our trained and credentialed staff to bring your program to you. You provide the space and we provide one of the following programs.
Themed Professional Development Curated for Educators
The following programs have options for taking place within the framework of a 4- or 6-hour Professional Development Series Themed Program or as a 3-hour workshop.
Collaboration is a teachable skill that is crucial for the success of any team. In order to reach a common goal, a team must collaborate, work together, and recognize and harness their strengths, because it is the strength of each team member collaborating together that makes the whole team strong. However, collaboration requires its own unique set of skills, trust, and communication; this Program will focus on 4 key skills for greater success.
Tools for Teachers
This program increases the tools available for teachers to utilize in the classroom to engage students in multiple pathways of learning, to develop students’ executive functioning skills impacted by covid, and to help students integrate their learning through social connection & reflection. Teachers will take on the role of learners, experiencing the full impact of these tools and how they influence the school climate, before turning their attention to how to apply these tools in their classrooms.
Coming soon: Social Emotional Learning & Growth Mindset for Professionals
Options for Customization:
What makes these stand out are the options to semi-customize or fully customize your program. Activities are more carefully curated to ensure they target the organizational goals and desired outcomes for the program.
- Two Hour Consultation.
- Spend two hours consulting with one of our Professional-Level Facilitators in framing your program.
- Clients often use this as an opportunity to develop organizational goals and learning outcomes for the program.
- It can also be used to discuss particular group dynamics that you would like to have addressed, or how you intend the participants will apply their learnings for the upcoming year.
- Personality Assessment and Team Development.
- Our Professional-Level Facilitators are certified in a number of personality assessment tools, including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator©
- The first part of the day focuses on didactic learning the results of the tools personally.
- The second part of the day engages the participants in small group activities in which they explore and expand their understanding of their own type and how it relates to those of their colleagues.